• More Defined Competition Classifications. This year’s competition better pinpoints exactly which companies you should be competing against in order to create the fairest competition. Based on a logarithmic scale, the classifications will ensure that your competitors are of similar size and means.
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2012
▪ Enhanced Results Kits. Now 20+ pages of competition coverage, individual metrics and feedback; a CD packed with resources; and other important supplemental materials.
▪ Expanded Judges' Comments. Included in the Results Kit for every entry. Find out exactly which impressions and observations were made by LACP's judging staff.
▪ More Opportunities to Win. More categories offered, providing a greater platform on which to earn recognition for your specific program.
Nothing distinguishes your work and brings recognition to you and your team more than honors from the 2012 Magellan Awards.
The 2012 Magellan Awards recognizes the outstanding communications campaigns of the past twelve months. From Citigroup to General Electric, Abbott to YRC, companies large and small compete against peers of similar size, staff, and means to earn recognition for their organization’s achievements.
Here's your chance to earn due recognition for your hard work in communications. As one of the nation's premiere communications campaign competition, the 2012 Magellan Awards provides a platform for communications professionals to demonstrate the value they’re delivering to their organization.
Judged across a broad range of criteria, awards are presented across five tiers: platinum, gold, silver, bronze, and honorable mention. Ratings are based upon an evaluation point system, which considers a number of factors measuring the effectiveness of communications materials.
In order to maintain equity during the evaluation process, materials are also classified and considered according to organization size and revenue. Further, individual honors are also being awarded to entrants participating in category-specific competitions.
WHO SHOULD ENTER
Whether you focus on communications for a corporation, non-profit organization, governmental, or educational entity, LACP’s 2012 Magellan Awards competition is a chance to have the high quality of your work validated by one of the most respected competition forums in the world.
All entries must be received by 14 December 2012. So don’t delay; be sure to submit your entry today!
BEST MAGELLAN AWARDS COMPETITION YET
Best of all, this year's Magellan Awards Competition is better than ever before. Here are just a few reasons why:
• Full-Blown Winners’ Kits. Tailored especially to you and your results, these kits walk you through the entire judging process and provide you with your individual results. This kit is an excellent addition to any communicator’s portfolio.
• New, Detailed Scorecards. All entrants receive individualized score cards highlighting their entry’s performance across a broad range of categories. The thumbnail analysis provides a clear and simple picture about your communications materials. strengths & weaknesses.
• Award Certificates for All Honorees. Handsomely designed for framing, these attractive, embossed certificates describe the winning entry and the person(s) who led and contributed to its development.
• Online Winners’ Showcase. Individual Winners’ Profiles are developed and posted online for each honoree. Highlighting the winning entry and the team that made it possible, this online showcase is a great resource to promote your hard work.
• Downloadable Winners’ Logos. All honorees gain access to their specific award logo for downloading and reproduction, which can be used to showcase your entry’s achievements.
• Top 50 Rankings. We name names, identifying the Top 50 entries across all categories. All entrants are automatically entered in contention for this esteemed award.
• Recognition with the News Media. Top-performing honorees are highlighted in LACP’s 2012 Magellan Awards press announcement, sent via newswire to the top news outlets around the world.
• Expanded Competition Categories. A good number of PR pros, just like you, have asked for expanded competition categories in areas where communications materials can most shine. We’ve responded to that request, broadening the number of optional competition categories from five to eight.
|SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TODAY|
The deadline to submit entries for this year's competition is 14 December 2012.
Winners will be announced and awards distributed on 7 January 2013.
Download the entry form.
A sample Results Kit provided to all participants
Why LACP's Competitions are Considered to be
Among the Best
∙ Real Feedback. Many other competitions print out awards and send them in the mail without any indication that considerable thought was put into the decision-making. At LACP, we do things differently--we provide you with extensive metrics that tell you exactly where an entry excels or could use improvement. Plus, you gain extensive data on whom you competed against and how you compare.
∙ Real Recognition. LACP is the only organization that offers extensive Winners' Profiles online. Honorees gain dedicated web pages detailing their accolades. In addition, LACP extensively publicizes and promotes competition results.
∙ Professional Judges. Many other competitions use part-time volunteer judges who haven't had the opportunity work in the profession or develop strong critical evaluation skills. The core of LACP's judging staff come directly from the PR/Marcom industry and have established extensive judging experience. They stay sharp because they're performing their duties at LACP each quarter and every year for years and years.
∙ Awards with Meaning. Everyone seems to be a winner in many other competitions. At LACP, our honorees truly have to earn recognition. Word is spreading--there's a reason that our participant base is growing at a rate of 39% each year.
∙ More than a Certificate.
Sometimes, the only results seen from a competition is an award certificate or two thrown in a manila envelope. That's unacceptable in our minds--that's why we painstakingly build custom Winners' Kits that give you everything imaginable from a competition--statistics, percentiles, narrative commentary, press releases, artwork, and more. A typical kit is 20+ pages long.
How Our Competitions Compare
| ||LACP||Competition A||Competition B|
|Number of Entrants||Hundreds||Hundreds||Hundreds|
|Statuettes for Winners|
|Post-Competition Publicity|| |
|Extensive Online Profiles|| || |
|Top 50 Rankings|| || |
|Detailed Scorecards|| || |
| || |
|Experienced, Full-Time Judges||??||??|
9 OF THE TOP 10
FORTUNE 500 FIRMS
PARTICIPATE IN LACP COMPETITIONS
Those in the Top 100 Include:
Exxon Mobil (1) ∙ Wal-Mart (2) Chevron (4) ∙ Ford Motor (5) ∙ GE (7) ∙ Citigroup (8) ∙ AIG (9) ∙ IBM (10) ∙ H-P (11) ∙ Bank of America (12) ∙ Home Depot (14) ∙ McKesson (16) ∙ Verizon (18) ∙ Altria (20) ∙ State Farm (22) ∙ P&G (24) ∙ Dell (25) ∙ Boeing (26) ∙ Costco (28) ∙ Pfizer (31) ∙ Johnson & Johnson (32) ∙ MetLife (35) ∙ WellPoint (38) ∙ AT&T (39) ∙ Time Warner (40) ∙ Lowe’s (42) ∙ United Tech. (43) ∙ Walgreen (45) ∙ Wells Fargo (46) ∙ Intel (49) ∙ Lockheed Martin (52) ∙ Motorola (54) ∙ Caterpillar (55) ∙ Archer Daniels Midland (56) ∙ Allstate (58) ∙ Sprint Nextel (59) ∙ Lehman Brothers (62) ∙ Disney (63) Prudential (64) ∙ Sysco (68) ∙ American Express (69) ∙ DuPont (73) ∙ Johnson Co (75) ∙ Delphi (77) ∙ The Hartford (78) ∙ Tyson Foods (80) ∙ Cisco (83) ∙ HCA (84) ∙ Federated (87) ∙ Coca-Cola (89) ∙ Aetna (91) ∙ MassMutual (92) ∙ Abbott (93) ∙ Comcast (94) ∙ Merck (95) ∙ Raytheon (97) ∙ Nationwide (98) ∙ Washington Mutual (99)